You probably ended up having more time to spend in the kitchen these days, but this time, we are not going to share delicious dessert recipes, calorie-high spreads, or cheese-filled pasta.
Believe it or not, you can now make your own Avocado Garlic Butter, healthier alternative to butter, that will boost your health in many ways!
Butter is a cooking staple in almost every household, but as soon as you try this creamy condiment we are suggesting today, it will replace the regular, dairy butter for good!
It is a combination of avocados and garlic, two incredibly nutritious ingredients.
Garlic is one of the most potent immunity boosters, high in antioxidants, and a natural weapon against high cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Avocado- A fine choice as a sub for butter, avocados share some important physical characteristics with butter. Namely that smooth, spreadable texture and, well, buttery taste that compliments a multitude of other flavors. But avocados are also incredibly good for you, offering a wide array of benefits. They contain more than 20 essential nutrients, including:
- Folate: 20% of the DV
- Potassium: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
- Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
- Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
Small amounts of magnesium, copper, manganese, iron, zinc, phosphorous plus vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
This is all in a single 3.5 ounce (100 gram) serving!
Here is the recipe for Avocado Garlic Butter
- 2 ripe avocados, pit & skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients very well with a hand mixer or food processor until velvety and smooth. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Put down a large piece of aluminum foil on the counter, and a piece of plastic wrap of the same size on top. Scoop the mixture onto the plastic wrap and begin working it lengthwise, rolling it up. For more structure, roll the aluminum foil and form the butter into a small log.
- Leave the Avocado Garlic Butter in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
Thanks For Reading!