CORONAVIRUS lockdown has begun and for many it have brought home the gravity of the situation. How can you make sure your home is free from coronavirus? Here is how to disinfect your whole house?
The most important thing to do when it comes to preventing the spread of the virus around your home is disinfecting frequently touched items. This includes objects and surfaces.
To make life a little easier, we brings you a guide where we tell you how to disinfect your house amid the disease outbreak. From how to clean to making sure high-touch surfaces are wiped properly, here are some measures you need to take.
- Clean your house every day and keep cleaning things around when required.
- Clean your hands before and after cleaning the house for 20 seconds.
- Always clean your bathroom surfaces..
- In case using wipes, opt for the ones that promise to kill 99.9 per cent germs.
- Dettol, Savlon works as great disinfected as well for cleaning purposes.
- If you don’t have cleaning spray or wipes. Mix a few drops of dish soap with a spoon of salt in a small bowl of lukewarm water and use it for cleaning.
- Look for sanitizers with at least 60 per cent alcohol content in it.
- Keep your dish, floor, and laundry cleaning water different. Do not use the same water for other activities.
- Use alcohol-based disinfectants
- The sponge that you use to clean the house, make sure you have scrubbed it with hot water after using it.
Types of Disinfectants:
- Wipes with label kill 99.9 per cent germs
- With 65-90 per cent of alcohol
- Hydrogen peroxide (don’t mix it with vinegar)
- Isopropyl alcohol/ rubbing alcohol (use carefully as it is flammable)
- Sodium hypochlorite (mix it only with water)
Understanding High-Touch Surfaces:
For a while now you have been reading about high-touch surfaces. But what are they?
They are places which you touch the most. They are places like doorknobs, handles, Light switches, drawers, refrigerator and microwave doors, side tables, back of the chair, coffee machine, kettle, makeup products, door, windows, wardrobe, toys, toilet seat, electronic devices, TV remote, dining tables and more.
Cleaning those everyday religious is a mandate that you can’t miss at any cost.
Where To Clean And What?
Understanding what, where and how things need to be cleaned play an essential role during this crisis.
From your bedroom, kitchen to bathroom, laundry and more, here’s how you need to do it right!
One of the best victims of the virus is the place where food is prepared. Keep a bottle of disinfectant just a hand away. Some obvious places where cleaning is required is the fridge, microwave, food platforms, vegetable drawers.
All the mental and silverware products as they easily get infected. It would be advisable to throw the grocery bags coming from outside. However, in case you plan to reuse them, soak them in soapy water and dry them in the sun. Empty the kitchen trash daily.
Your towel can be your biggest enemy. As the virus stay longer on the wet surfaces than on the hard ones. The moment you use it, put it out to dry.
Don’t forget to clean the taps, handles, knobs, mats, and the floor of the washroom. Empty the bathroom trash and toilet seat daily.
First and foremost, the moment you come from outside-put that pair of clothes immediately for a wash. Use disposable/reusable gloves while collecting clothes from all around the house. Any laundry that could have coronavirus germs should be handled with disposable gloves.
Wash laundry in lukewarm water and always add disinfectant in your clothes. Also, run your washing machine once empty with just hot water, detergent and disinfectant to prevent the growth of germs. Also, make sure after usage you dry it up.
Start with cleaning your curtain, side tables, television, curtains and bedsheets.
Change the linen frequently.
From your watch, shoes to jewelry sanitize them with a spray as much as possible before wearing them.
P.S. Stay safe and stay home!
Thanks for reading!